Monday, December 14, 2009

Why didn't I think of this before???

My good friend, (and a fine Concierge as well), Kirk started a project a few years ago called the Green Bean Challenge. You can read all about it HERE. It's an impressive food drive for a single individual, and even amongst setbacks, he perseveres! I wanted to help, but wasn't sure what I could do, since I'm not as involved in the restaurant side of things as he is.

He told me once at lunch that the Foodbank of Southeastern VA can actually make a complete meal for one person for 29 cents. 29 CENTS! So a dollar donation will make 3 complete meals!

Can you spare one dollar????


If you can spare a dollar, please donate! If you can spare more, please do! I know it's a tough time for all, but even if it's just one dollar, you are feeding 3 people complete meals. Won't it feel good to do that?

Please know, that 100% of the money that is donated on this site will go directly to the Green Bean Challenge.

AND - I will match the contributions up to $500!

Don't delay! The challenge ends this Friday, December 18th.

AMW

3 comments:

Kirk Springer said...

Thank you, Ann! I'm definitely going to buy you a beer! :-)

Annapants! said...

Ann, I will look at my ability to contribute after the holidays. Do you have a deadline to your $500 match?

AMW said...

Thanks Anna! The deadline is actually this Friday, the 18th. No worries if it doesn't work this year. Perhaps this will become an annual tradition for me!

AMW