Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eagle Update

A few weeks ago I posted about the Norfolk Botanical Garden's Eagle Cam as part of a Favorite Things Friday.  We were anxiously awaiting the eggs, and now  they are here!  3 eggs were laid, each three days apart.  The first on February 3rd, the second on February 6th, and the third on February 9th.  The eggs will hatch between 35-38 days later, which will be around the first part of March.

While there is not a "LOT" of activity right now, there is almost always guaranteed to be an eagle on the nest.  The male and female are switching out right now, and at times you can see them get up and "roll" the eggs.

The camera quality is one of the best I've seen on any wildlife cam.  Here is a screen shot from this morning:

Male eagle (or DADDY)

It's supposed to be 70+ degrees here on Friday, and I'm off work.  I'm seriously considering wandering over to the Gardens to see if I can see the eagles out hunting!

Wish me luck!
AMW

No comments: