Monday, March 5, 2012

I need your advice

Oh, hello...  Remember me?  The one who blogs sporadically?  At least I'm consistently inconsistent...

I've been gathering polka dot fabrics for the last several years, and have just started the cutting process based on how I *thought* I was going to make this quilt.  But then this weekend, I had a *brilliant* idea!   (It's always brilliant when you first think of it, right????)  So this morning, I decided to lay it out and take some pictures of some different options.

This is where you come in!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the layouts below, and either what you would do,  or what you think would look good, or what you think would look hideous.  Generally, any thoughts you have.

The background squares are 6.5 inches and will finish at 6inches.  The entire quilt will be queen/close to king size.  96x96.


Option 1.  This was my original design thought.  Raw edge circles on each 6 inch square.

Option 2.  This was the *brilliant* idea over the weekend.  Instead of a circle on each square, one over the seam.

Option 3.  Similar to option 2, but with a larger circle.



Option 4.  The thought was to stagger the larger and smaller circles.  To be honest, I don't really like this one at all.  But hey - I thought I'd throw it out there...


Option 5.  Yes - it's similar to option 4, but the circles don't cover EVERY.SINGLE.INTERSECTION.

Option 6.  This is similar to option 5, but uses all the same size circles over the entire quilt.  

What would YOU do?  What option do you think is the most "pleasant to the eye"?

Can't wait to hear what you think!
AMW

5 comments:

Shay said...

I did a raw edge circle quilt a couple of years ago and it's one of my favourites. I cut each block into 1/4's and sewed them back together with different fabrics in each quarter. So I like option 1.

Option 3 is also floating my boat. I think the bigger circle is pretty!

I love those fabrics. You cant go wrong with dots.

Unknown said...

I will agree with option number 1. I love the dots and the colors. The colors will make you happy when you wake up and see them. Can't wait to see what you decide.

thea said...

For what it's worth, I like option 3 the best, then probably 1, and then 2. Love all the polka dots.

Kimmyd said...

And to complicate matters.....I like option 2. I however am not a quilting person so what do I know.

Lynne said...

Option 3! Sorry I'm so late in responding I've just gotten back to blogland after a six week absence and have a lot to catch up on!