Friday, May 7, 2010

Omaha - Day 3


Yep, even more good!

This morning was my morning for the zoo! And boy was I excited! I could hardly wait until they opened to get there. I get to see PENGUINS!

Oh, you didn't know I have this fascination with the flightless bird? I didn't mention that I have an extensive collection of penguins, or that I have one tattoo'd on my body??? Ooops.

Anyhow.... Moving on.
Apparently, I wasn't the only one excited about getting to the zoo early! It was FIELD TRIP DAY! I'm not sure for how many schools, but there were a LOT of children there. And on a Thursday, to boot.

No problem....

I made it to the penguin exhibit first thing, and hung out there for a while. I took mostly video there, but did get a couple of pictures. It totally made my morning!




I then just wandered around the entire zoo.







For some reason, I really like this picture. It was of the gorilla above it, and he was sleeping with his foot against the glass. A very big foot!







This sea lion was full, and started sunning himself on a full belly!

The zoo was educational, too. I learned how butterflies reproduce!




And learned that wild turkeys sometimes roam around zoo grounds.



I got back to the hotel early afternoon, and soon learned that D would have the rest of the afternoon off too.

Today's post was taken up entirely by zoo pictures, so I'll leave the afternoon adventures for tomorrow.

So more on Day 3 tomorrow!

AMW

No comments: