Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summer

YEAH! Today is the first full day of summer. My absolute favorite time of year... I think maybe I should have been a teacher, to have summers off. But there is the whole "dealing with kids" thing... soooooo maybe not.

Heading to Seattle in 10 days for little vacation. This is a busy, packed vacation with lots of events, and seeing people we only get to see once a year.

Also, I recently was deeded by gift a week's timeshare in the Outer Banks, NC. This is one of my favorite spots on earth, and I can't honestly remember the last I spent an entire week there. It's only an hour and half away, but it's another world. I can't explain it, but if you've ever been, you know what I'm talking about. I just cannot wait.

No other big trips planned, but hoping to get a weekend of relaxing camping in sometime as well...

The weather is hot, hot, hot. And actually - I don't mind it. I would rather be hot than cold. It's summer! Ironically, in Seattle, it's in the 50's and 60's. On the first day of SUMMER! So not prepared for that....

What are your summer plans? Where do you like to vacation? Where is your favorite spot to visit?

AMW

No comments: