Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More election stuff...

Wow!  3 posts in one day on the same subject.  And the day isn't over yet...

I guess we can all agree that major elections like this bring out the worst in some people and the best in others.  Wouldn't you agree?  And some people are just downright rude...

Now, I'm not ashamed of who I voted for, but in my position, sometimes it's best to steer clear of political talk.  It's in my best interest to stay neutral for my business' sake.  So, I don't answer or engage in political discussions at work.  Period.  

Today at lunch, someone blatantly asked me who I voted for.  I responded by saying that I don't discuss politics at work.  They responded by saying that it doesn't matter, they'd already voted, but they wanted to know where I stood.  Again, I said that it was personal, and that I didn't really want to discuss it.  Their reply was, "Well that right there tells me who you voted for."  

Huh?  Really?

I simply responded that it shouldn't, and that my telling or not telling doesn't reveal a thing.  This is someone that I have to work with day in and day out.  Choosing not to tell them who I voted for was a personal choice, and something that they should have respected.  UGH!  

Somehow, I doubt that's the last of it.  Not just from this person, but from anyone...

AMW

No comments: