Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reality Shows

I'm a reality show junkie.  I've said it before, and I make no pains to hide it.  Just consider it a character flaw.....

Ok - here is the list of the reality shows I am currently watching.  Too many?  Yeah, maybe.  But to each his own, right?  No, I don't plan my day around the tv.  That's what DVR is for.  I set them to record.  If I'm home, great.  If not, I'll catch up on it when I can.

Amazing Race - didn't watch the first episode when it aired, but since I was home sick and stuck on the couch, and some facebook friends were talking about it, I watched the first episode online.  Yep, now I'm hooked.

The Bachelor - this one is almost over.  Looks like a major twist is coming in two weeks.  So we'll see.

Biggest Loser - yes,  I know the results are not typical.  But it's pretty cool to watch people transform their lives.  This season has been a LOT nicer than last season.

American Idol - I think this season has started out rough.  They have made some changes that I think are not in the show's best interest.  Trying to change too many things at one could possibly be this show's downfall.  You know the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  This show wasn't broken.  But they are trying to fix it.  We'll see how it goes...

Survivor - someone recently asked me wasn't I tired of this show?  Nope.  I can never get enough.  There is always some predictability, however they throw in just the right amount of twists without trying to change the whole thing (like Idol).  This season looks pretty promising, too.  

Hell's Kitchen - I caught the first couple of episodes, but haven't seen any more.  Not sure if I'll see the rest of the season or not.

Celebrity Apprentice - this hasn't started yet, but the celebrity line-up looks interesting enough to check it out.  Andrew Dice Clay next to Joan Rivers?  Dennis Rodman on the same team with Scott Hamilton?  And a few other colorful characters.  

I also watch Little People, Big World on TLC as well as Jon and Kate plus Eight from time to time.  Both are insights into families that are different from the norm, but living as normally as they can.   They are shows that can inspire you.  Show you that you make the best of whatever comes your way.

I'll likely forget to update, so if you want my feedback on what's going on with any of the shows above, just holler!

AMW

No comments: