Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quilt Show

This weekend is the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show in Hampton. It's a VERY large show that brings people from all over the country for the classes, the vendors, and the quilts.


I signed up for a class on Saturday afternoon, so that let me into the preview night, last night.

SENSORY OVERLOAD!

I certainly wish I was independently wealthy, with nothing but time on my hands. There are so many fabrics that I want. So many neat gadgets. So many cool machines. WHEW!

I picked up a couple of things last night (can't show pictures, because I never know who's reading this, and if it may spoil a surprise at some point). I drooled over many more things, and marveled at the talent.

It just makes me wish that I could quilt all day....

I'll be going back tomorrow, and spending much more time, and narrowing down what I can actually afford to purchase, and on Saturday, I'll take the stained glass class I signed up for.

A few years ago, I bought a stained glass pattern because it looked easy... Similar to the one below. But then couldn't figure out the particulars.... This class promises to make it simple.



So, we'll see... Either way, stay tuned for some finished projects soon!

AMW

No comments: