Tuesday, February 23, 2010

40th Birthday

Saturday, I turned 40. I guess I was a little nervous about. But not too bad... When I turned 30, I nearly thought it was the end of the world. And then my life got turned upside down, and at 35, I finally realized what it was to live my own life!

In these last 5 years, I've met some amazing people that have all touched my lives in different ways. I was fortunate enough to have a lot of them come out and celebrate with me as well as a few friends that I've known longer.

Here are some pictures from the day....


I had flowers delivered in the afternoon from my aunt and 3 cousins. They were beautiful, and filled with daisies, which happen to be one of my favorite flowers! What a cheery way to start the day!

Paul's Restaurant, which I featured here, opened just for us to have our little get-together.


There was PLENTY of Corona Light on ice, just waiting to be consumed. I did MY part!!!


It was decorated with all of the obligatory black balloons, and the place look great!


More decorations...


The best part, however, was EVERYONE! So much fun to have so many important people there to help me bring this decade in with style!


Of course, the CAPTAIN and his PRIVATE STOCK showed up, too. He's the BEST!


And the cards! I've never laughed so hard... Who knew that a bunch of over-the-hill cards could be so funny. Especially after the first few.... But they were all GREAT!

Definitely a night I will remember forever...

Thanks everybody! My bucket overflows!
AMW

No comments: