Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm on the hunt....

For a combo sewing/embroidery machine. I found one on craigslist that I was interested in, but it's just a bit out of my price range. Although, I am expecting a small refund from the irs, it's not due for a another week. In the meantime, the lady put it on eBay. So, I've got my eye on it.

But then I started looking around, trying to see what else may be out there. And there are a lot! Most of which are REALLY out of my price range. Another reason to look used.

I first tried my hand at machine embroidery and blogged about it here. I also was able to go back and make a quilt label with it, a few months later.

But I enjoyed it so much, that I've often thought about getting one. And now, the machines are made so they are good for both quilting and embroidery.

Any readers out there have a combo machine? Any suggestions? Any first-hand experience on features to look for, or brands to stay away from? I'd certainly welcome ANY advice on this!!!

Thanks!!
AMW

2 comments:

Shay said...

I can't offer any advice...sorry. I'm an embroidery dunce. But how excting for you . i think the looking is almost half the fun myself.

Mr. P has been looking out for a long arm quilting machine for me .They are REALLY expensive here , about $20,000 brand new for a decent one. (Oh dont worry we cant afford that ) But I'm having fun looking , and I'll get one some day.

Happy Hunting !

Have you been away yet ? I dont recall seeing a post about your trip?

AMW said...

Thanks Mrs. P! I also would LOVE a long arm machine. I'm pretty sure one of those will NEVER be in my budget. I did find a local store that if you pay for training (a minimal cost) then you can rent their machine in their shop for $15/hr. Pretty reasonable, I think.

Haven't been on my trip yet, but it's coming up. Can't wait to take lots of pics blog all about it.