Friday, August 20, 2010

Featherweight Cake

Back in June (yes, June) I attended a birthday party for a lovely woman in my building who has become a good friend of mine.  She is also a quilter, and has several sewing machines, and turns out about a quilt a week.  She is really an inspiration to me!!!


Her Birthday party was a surprise, so I arrived early.  Her daughter had made a cake that was a replica of her Featherweight Sewing Machine!  It was gorgeous!







And delicious.  There is a lot of talent running through that family!  What a great gift that was, too.....


AMW

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oooooo that is so cool! OMG the time that must have gone into that - wow. I would nearly have felt guilty eating it ;p

Shay said...

WOW! That is one of the most unbelievable cakes I've ever seen. Talk about talent!

Sandy said...

Wow, what a great a idea! And the cake is amazing! I can't even imagine how to start to do that. You are right - a very creative and talented family.

KimmyD said...

Awesome......