Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feast or Famine

It seems here lately, it's been either feast or famine in the rain department. We went for months when we were in such a drought, and then it rained heavily for days and days.  Same with today. It hasn't rained for two weeks, and today, torrential downpours with thunder and lightning.  


The biggest problem with this, is that we are in a VERY tidal area, and either with the wind, or heavy rains, we'll get street flooding.  It actually doesn't take a LOT of rain, just a LOT of rain in a short amount of time.  


I've been watching out the front of my building (with my now VERY limited view) and was surprised how HARD it was raining.  You almost couldn't see, it was coming down in sheets.  


Not complaining.  We need the rain.  


And I'm glad it's on a Thursday and not the weekend!  


Off to a local quilt show tomorrow........  


AMW

1 comment:

Shay said...

Spring has sprung here and we had grogeous weather for the weekend and Monday. I was wandering round in Tshirts. Then bang on Tuesday it started raining and hasnt stopped since.

I'd be quite happy to have some more sun thanks.

Enjoy the quilt show.