Thursday, October 11, 2012

What's new?

I was thinking of things to post about (I have no idea why that's sooooo hard!) and I thought maybe I would post pictures of quilts I had finished since the last time I was on a blogging spree.  But as I was going through my albums, my ego was quickly deflated as I hadn't finished nearly as many as I thought I had.  Oh, I've started plenty.  My UFO's are piling up VERY quickly.  But finishes total a whopping two.  YEP, 2!  That's it.

But they both had a lot of meaning to me.

First up was a wedding quilt.  My roomie's nephew was getting married on the beach in NC, and we hadn't figured out what to get them.  I had started a pinwheel quilt just to see how it came together, and as I looked at it, I thought it'd be a nice gift for them.  Little did I know that the colors in the quilt would match their wedding colors quite nicely.













The next one I finished was just as special to me.  One of my dear friends who lives in NC was diagnosed with cancer.  It hit him (and all of his friends) like a ton of bricks.  I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but this news hit me in the gut and I wanted to do something to let him know I was thinking of him.



I had a panel of "What Cancer Cannot Do" sayings, turned it into this:





Tim is a former Marine, and is fighting this thing with a ton of gusto.


So there you have it.  Two whole finishes this year...  Guess I need to get busy!

AMW

3 comments:

Shay said...

Two great projects there Ann. I especially love the pinwheel quilt. Great colours!

And the quilt for your friend will be used a lot and has such a special meaning.

I need to get a wriggle on with some of my UFO's. I havent done all that well in the finishing stakes here this year!

Lynne said...

Both great quilts and I love how the colours match the wedding outfits!

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful person and I know both of the quilts are very loved by your friends. Cancer is a horrible thing, but your friend will be warmed in many ways by your quilt!