Sunday, July 6, 2008

Billy Joel Concert

I should have blogged this a while back, but for some reason I'm just getting around to it...

A few of us met up at the Billy Joel concert on Saturday, June 21st at the Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater. We had lawn seats, and were told to tighten up the spot, even though there were 8 of us in the little piece of property we were on. We were reminded that there would be 15,000 people on the lawn. 15,000!

As for the show - BJ was the only act. He started singing right around 8:00pm, didn't have an opening act, and sang for 2 1/2 hours. No intermission. He played one instrumental (Rootbeer Rag) to rest his voice, and brought a "roadie" out to sing a song ("Highway to Hell"), but other than that, it was all him.

We all knew all of the songs he sang, and the whole place was singing along with all of them. I couldn't think of any song that I wanted to hear that he didn't play. He was phenomenal! I can say it was probably one of the best concerts that I have ever been to.

He may be a bit older now, but he is still a great artist, and one that I will see again if he rolls back into town......

AMW

No comments: