Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summertime!

I love summertime! I love the outdoors, the warm air, the long days, warm nights. Summer is definitely my favorite season... The smell of fresh cut grass (especially when someone else cuts it!), warm sand between your toes, daylight until 9:00pm, everything's in full bloom, baby animals everywhere. Summer is just the best and never lasts long enough in my book...

I also love the Outer Banks of North Carolina in the summertime! Most of the locals or even folks up our way would say I'm crazy, but there's just something about the hustle and bustle down there, all the touristy shops, the great restaurants, and yes, even the traffic. Then you go off the beaten path, just slightly, and you find some hidden gem. Or the long, secluded drive down Hwy 12 to Hatteras, or the ferry over to Ocracoke. All places of extreme interest, and culture! I'm pretty sure one day I'll have a vacation place down there somewhere. Just not sure where yet.

For now, I'll keep enjoying the summer and the things that are planned and the things that pop up unplanned...

AMW

No comments: