Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bowling, Bowling, Bowling

Last night was a good bowling night.  For me anyway.  Our team still lost 3 of 4 games, but I did pretty good...  Scores:

1st - 129
2nd - 106
3rd - 134

Nightly average of 123.  13 pins over my current average.  WOOHOO!  And yet, we're still in 37th place out of 40....  

It was a pretty interesting night, in that the team we bowled are in second place.  And I see why.  Three members are family (husband, wife, and son and they EACH had TWO balls) and the husband "teaches" bowling.  He was pretty anal about his game.  How so?  He wrote down everything about every ball he threw.  Which board he was on, what pins he hit, and so on, and so on.  Each time his wife went up to bowl, he stood right behind her for each ball (provided she didn't get a strike) and coached her on her throw.  It was quite comical.  I think he was so focused, he forgot to have fun.  Which is the main reason I go each week, to have fun.  

The next set of lanes over (the team that we will be bowling next week) had a guy on the team that during one of the games had 7 strikes in the first 7 frames.  I thought I might witness someone actually having a 300 game.  But alas, he didn't make it.  He got a spare in the 8th with 8 pins on the first throw and picked up the other two.  The last two frames, I'm not sure what he got, but they weren't all strikes either.  But still impressive.

One day, I'll bowl 7 strikes.  In the same night.....

AMW

1 comment:

Annapants! said...

coaching his wife? omg, IT'S BOWLING! i'm with you - have FUN! :)
Congrats on all 100+ games!