Sunday, October 26, 2008

Casey Dog and pets

I've been wanting to do a post on pets for a while, so decided it was time.  We do have a fish tank, a 55 gallon fresh water.  And have *kinda* named some of them.  There is "Little Sucker", and "Apha Tiger", and "Sharkie", and "Red Tail", and "Mean Shark".  There are some other fish in there as well as the one we adopted, Bubba.  Bubba is a sucker fish that is probably at least 10 times bigger than any of the other fish in the tank.  But he adapted just fine, and thinks he's in a palace compared to the 10 gallon tank he came to us from.


Then, of course, there is my Casey Dog.  Casey, really, but she answers to a lot of different things, depending on the mood.  She's a Lab mix that is 12 1/2 years old.  I got her when she was just several weeks old.  I was living in NC, and an instructor at the local community college lived on a farm.  A pregnant Lab momma wandered onto the farm, and gave birth to 9 puppies in the barn.  She adopted them out, and later found out that about half of them died within a few months of a liver disease.  Casey was one of the lucky ones.  I remember her sleeping in a laundry basket for the first few months.  I sure wish I could find those pics...  She was adorable.

She has certainly been with me through thick and thin...  And until I can find some of the old pictures of her, I'll post some from the last year or so...

Doing what she does best (and most of the time!)



Here she is begging for attention (and showing her cataracts...)

Here are just a few other random pics as well:




And to finish off, here is a small video of one of her favorite things to do in the yard.  Roll and scratch her back!


PS - this is my first attempt at uploading a video.  Wish me luck!

AMW

1 comment:

Annapants! said...

*scratches for casey* :)