Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh Sh**

So there I was, getting ready to do some yard work, and having to move some items to get ready.  Like the grill cover that has not been on the grill in a few weeks, but laying in a crumpled mess on the ground.  Now, I expected  there to be some critters under it.  And there were.  Some crickets and bugs.  But what I wasn't prepared for was a snake!  Yep, you read that right.  A snake.  Now granted, it was a baby, but a snake none-the-less.  And where there's a baby, there's gotta be a momma, right?  I mean, how else is a baby gonna get there? 

I admit, I have a truly unhealthy fear of snakes.  6 inches or 6 feet, it doesn't really matter to me.  I don't like it either way.  

D came out, and we both didn't really know what to do with it.  I may not like them, but this was a baby, and I didn't really want her to kill it, even though she offered.  We stood there looking at it trying to figure out what to do, and I just had to get the camera, and snap a picture of it.  We then decided that maybe we could take a shovel, and move it.   D grabbed a shovel, and managed to coerce the baby snake onto it, but then what?  Where were we gonna move it.  Luckily, the back of the yard is very wooded and thick brush.  We decided that was the best place, so D *gently* flung it back there.  It was a baby after all.  I should have taken pictures of that, for posterity, but I had set the camera down so that I could help.  How I was going to help from a safe 20 feet away, I'm not sure, but I was ready.  I could have called 911, cause it could have been a poisonous baby snake.  Still not sure.  But here is a picture of it for you to take a gander at...



AMW

1 comment:

Annapants! said...

Awesome looking snake! You put it in a mason jar, take it to the park and let it go. :)