Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Where did this year go????

Wow!  I can't believe it's November and that Christmas is a mere 53 days away...  It really does feel like summer was just here.   


Oh wait....  That's probably because we had temperatures in the 80's (almost 90) last week.  


But now that the temperatures are falling (much to my dismay), it's finally setting in that fall is here, and the holidays are peeking right around the corner.


I'm reading blogs with folks working on holiday projects, and thinking, OH SHIT!  


I signed up for Make My Christmas (MMC) again this year.  In case you're new or forgot, MMC is similar to a "Secret Santa" gift exchange, but you MAKE a gift for the person whose name you draw.  And in return, you get a handmade gift from whoever draws your name.  Last year was my first time participating and you can read about my project and the results in the second half of THIS post.  


Luckily, this year I drew someone's name that I know.  A little bit.  But I've gotten some good info, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a clue about this blog, so I just might post some preview pics along the way.  I'll say this:  I'm going to once again step outside my comfort zone and do things with fabric I've never done before.  


Easy now - don't go going anywhere crazy with your thoughts on that last sentence......  ;)  It's a quilt, after all.  


Ordered some supplies and books on amazon today to help the project along.


Off on another out-of-town adventure this coming up weekend, and then I'll be home to get started....


That's about it for now...


AMW

1 comment:

Shay said...

You go girl.Cant wait to see your creative genius at work.

I've been wondering how we got to November without me really noticing. It's crazy !