Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm losing it!

Literally!

About a month ago, I went to an event a couple of hours away in a cute little town called Victoria, VA.  They have a great Rails to Trails trail, and we spent the better part of the day on this trail geocaching.  Sometime during that day, I lost half of my pen.  Big deal, right?  But it was!

In 2004 my "dog" gave me a Space Pen for Christmas.  This pen writes on any surface, at any angle, in any temperature, every time.  The cap has a carabiner attached to it, and I've used it for years without losing it.  Until that fateful day in April when the pen part went missing.  I was so sad!

Last weekend, I went to an event at Twin Lakes State Park about 20 miles from Victoria, VA.  Sometime during the day on Saturday, I lost my glasses.  My regular glasses.  I have prescription sunglasses, which I wore most of the day, but somehow, someway, somewhere, my regular glasses made a break for it!  And I didn't realize it until Sunday, so there really was no "retracing my steps" except those that were close to home.

But here's where it gets strange........

As I was getting in the car at Twin Lakes State Park to head back home on Saturday, a man I had met at the first event in April came up to me, and HANDED ME THE PEN PART OF MY SPACE PEN!

Yes, he did!

Now, I know this will be hard to believe, but I was speechless.  I didn't know what to say.

I can't hold out much hope that my glasses will appear so easily, nor could I possibly go over a month without them, so I started wearing an old pair.  And placed an order online tonight for a couple of new pairs.

It's hell getting old!  LOL!  I wonder what I'll lose next?  I'll have to start putting tracking devices on anything important.

AMW

2 comments:

Carol G said...

Now that's a cool story about the pen!

Lynne said...

Wow! That is quite an amazing story! (I wish my black jacket would turn up - I can live without the jacket but the brooch that was on it was very special to me)